I got tagged by Jim (and sorta by Doppelganger, with her ‘I’m-not-tagging-you-but-do-this-anyway’) with the eights meme. The rules of this one seem to be–write eight random habits/facts about yourself, and then tag eight more people. Are eight people even reading this blog anymore? Guess we’ll find out.
- I go to the movies by myself. And not good movies, either. Summer blockbusters? Can’t wait. Action flicks? Bring ‘em on. Spiderman 3? Saw it. Pirates of the Caribbean 3? Gotta get tix. The good movies, I save for Netflix, to watch with landisdad.
- I’m so old, I watched The Simpsons when they were on the Tracey Ullman show. Yes, in Fox’s second year on the air. Hard to believe it’s 400 episodes later.
- Sometimes, landisdad and I engage in snarky conversations in which we imagine our children talking about how awful we are. Tonight’s featured a reposturing of the children’s classic Guess How Much I Love You as Guess How Much I Hate You. Yes, it was that kind of day.
- Sunday nights are for gin and tonics, and whatever’s on HBO. Usually, after spending a full weekend with The Boy Who Doesn’t Nap, we’re ready for hard liquor and cursing. On a related note, is anyone enjoying this season of the Sopranos?
- One reason I’m a bad mother? My daughter is nearly eight, and I still haven’t finished teaching her how to ride a bike without training wheels. We did some more practicing today. What can I say–she’s just not that into it.
- I am a person who’s inherently lazy. To fight against this characteristic, I over-commit myself. The pressure of other people’s disapproval is the only thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow.
- I’m spending way too much time writing this blog entry, trying to fall on the side of quirky, not strange.
- Despite the fact that I have the first and middle names of about nine saints, I still took a third name when I was confirmed. I chose “Cecilia.” Because of the Simon & Garfinkel song.