I realize I’ve been a very, very bad blogger
But the lovely Jackie at A Patchwork Life tagged me as a Versatile Blogger, and it restored all the good fun feelings I had about my blog from back in the day. You remember, the mid-aughts, when blogging was popular and memes were fun!
So the point of this meme is to write 7 things about myself that you couldn’t find somewhere else. I’m gonna assume this means on my blog. You could, of course, find them if you dug around in my brain. Without further ado:
- I once downloaded the White Stripes song “Icky Thump” because it reminded me of two of our cats–Icky, aka Ichabod (a cat rescued from a car accident on Halloween and named by our vet); and Hank, aka Wumpus the Thumpus. What can I say we have weird nicknaming patterns in our household. You should have known that already.
- I think I probably read fewer books in 2010 than I did in any year since I learned to read when I was a child.
- I have almost 4,000 songs on my iTunes. In a possible corollary to item 2, I have spent much more time listening to music in the past year than I have reading.
- I had my first-ever meeting this week where someone Skyped in. I was very excited about it. You have no idea how much my life would be improved if I didn’t have to drive to as many meetings as I do.
- We’re thinking about becoming a cell-only household. I can’t imagine why we’ve hung on to our landline as long as we have.
- If I read the paper in the print edition, I start with the Business section. If it’s online, usually the front page. Why? I don’t know.
- Even though it’s already snowed three times this year, I have yet to buy the Potato any snowboots. #momfail